I’d really recommend making a list of dreams and goals in life. Having things to aim for in life can excite your attitude and give you joy in the mundane processes of the daily routine. There is also so much wisdom in writing your dream down on paper. Not only is it Biblical (ie - Habakkuk), but today’s best leaders utilize this secret to transform their daily routine into an admirable quest. There are many terms for such a list, but one of the best is a bucket list. A list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket" and go on to eternity.
Some of the items on my bucket list are:
1. To work my way into spending my days in prayer, Scripture, books, writing and preaching.
2. To do crusade ministry with close friends for decades reaching people for Christ.
3. Lead Presidents, Kings and world leaders to Christ.
4. Spend my life serving the poor.
5. Write about 10 books.
6. Go white water rafting.
7. Ride an elephant.
8. Do an African safari.
9. Do crusade outreaches on every continent annually.
10. Drink coffee in quaint coffee shops in every country in Europe with Michelle
11. Swim in all 5 oceans (the Arctic is gonna be cold, but I can handle it, I’m a Minnesotan!)
Not sure why I came up with some of these, but over time these became some of the desires of my heart. To be sure, there are many more, but these are a sampling.
What's on your bucket list?