The headlines of an AP article from 2006 reads "Man Settles Over Lottery Ticket in Trash."
Apparantly a man in Blackstone, Massachusetts retrieved a $1 million dollar winning lottery ticket from the trash, because another gentleman accidentally threw it away! They eventually reached a settlement, but not before losing $140,000 to the lucky finder.
How do you throw away a winning lottery ticket?!
This story actually inspires me in my faith, because most Christians don't realize that they have something far greater than any winning lottery ticket. In Christ we are:
- Sons and daughters of God (Gal. 3:26)
- Bodily temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19)
- More than conquerers (Rom. 8:37)
- Royal Priests of God (1 Peter 2:9)
- Heirs of Abraham and God's promises to him (Gal. 3:29)
What we have individually is worth more than all the money in the world. Do you realize what you have?!
This would make any bad day look a whole lot better. Let's not underestimate our faith "of greater worth than gold" and accidentally toss it in the proverbial trash heap.